Younghusband’s is an instant classic (Tony Stark!), so I can only offer this humble list up for amusement and head-scratching. Everyone knows by now I’m a sailor who reads books like most squids chase skirts and down cold ones, viscerally abhors the Clinton & Bush Administrations and the military leadership and enjoys the diversion of “Scrubs” & “The Wire”. Here’s a couple things few will know about me though:
1. I am a card carrying NRA member, conservative evangelical and my favorite political writer is Reagan’s speech writer, Peggy Noonan.
2. My child would have turned 4 years old this month, if its mother had not decided to abort it without telling me.
3. I am absolutely enamored with early 90′s NBA basketball highlights, classic games and stars, some type of childhood fascination that has never gone away and can easily lead me to diagnosing “Run TMC” plays and “Man Child” dunks for hours on end.
4. Every time I went to sleep on a deployment, I found my solace and recovered my wits in Gwen Stefani, Aaliyah and Anita Baker songs, and would subsequently catch the wrath of “cube” denizens for singing “One In A Million” in my sleep.
5. I attended a HBCU, NC A&T, in 2001-2002 on an academic honors program scholarship but dropped out after disagreements with a Communist department head over my freshman “thesis” and more importantly, my preference for Mad Dog 20/20, hydro, midnight discussions with friends about Geronimo Pratt, Malcolm X and the war on drugs as well as being in love with a (damaged goods) gorgeous Cuban girl in Miami.